Welcome to Anna Lisa's WinsomeWorks: On Seeing the Forest for the Trees -- Images & Scribbles

...a spot for musings about my photography and other art-loving rambles. In the wise words of the beloved J.R.R. Tolkien:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost...
I'll venture into other intrigues at times if the trees feel too thick around here. Sometimes I'm so focused on a back-lit leaf that I don't even see the tree, let alone the forest! Either way, if you're charmed by my ramblings or focuses, I hope you'll sign my guestbook above. Keep wondering & wandering; yet when your roots want to reach deep, let them... when the time is right. --Anna Lisa Yoder

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Twisted Trees in Twilight - Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina


Twisted Trees in Twilight at Hunting Island State Park, SC

Speaking of twisted (previous post), I noticed that leaves are the only parts of trees I've posted so far! So it's time for one of my weirder tree images. A few years ago in August, my family camped less than 100 yards from the Atlantic Ocean at Hunting Island State Park, a uniquely beautiful spot in the SC lowlands. These nearby trees were partially lit by camp lights at twilight. I still don't know the species, but their odd inter-twinings made me think of the intricacies of interpersonal relationships. Here are more of my Hunting Island views. Twisted Trees & many of my images are available matted or framed, or on metal & acrylic on my FAA site   –Anna Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments here:

View My Tree Images Gallery

Ornamental Crabapples STOP; November, Quakertown, PA